Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Getting a conversation going about September | JD2718

Getting a conversation going about September | JD2718

Getting a conversation going about September


What will September look like? What needs to happen for us to be safe enough to go into school? If we are remote, based on our experience so far, what would you do the same? What would you change up? Does a hybrid model make sense? Testing? Live lessons?
We had a chapter meeting coming up. And so, in preparation, I sent out a survey. It was explicitly NOT to tabulate, but to stimulate thought processes: “This is a “thought survey” – questions are to think about and to discuss.” This was not a vote. We were not in a position to set even school policy, let alone DoE policy. But it was good to bat around possibilities, concerns, insights.
The chapter meeting discussion, scheduled for half an hour, ran a full hour. And some people submitted their responses. I had not expected that. That was not my plan. Others asked if we could share the results with each other.  So I rewrote the survey to incorporate points people made in the discussion, and redistributed it. (I will tabulate results, but, internally, for my chapter only.)
The survey was a good way to get discussion going. So I’m sharing the original, and the updated versions (if you would like a word document version, let me know): CONTINUE READING: Getting a conversation going about September | JD2718