Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Elizabeth Warren: Gay Pride Month Love Letter (Exclusive) | Billboard

Elizabeth Warren: Gay Pride Month Love Letter (Exclusive) | Billboard:

Senator Elizabeth Warren: Love Letter to the LGBTQ Community


For Gay Pride Month, Billboard asked numerous pop culture luminaries to write 'love letters' to the LGBTQ community. Below, Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts -- a champion of LGBTQ rights -- shares hers. Read more Pride Month love letters here.
Right after I was elected, the organizer of Boston Pride asked if I would march again in next year's parade. I said no, absolutely not--I would not march.  
We stared at each other for a minute, and I shouted, "I don't want to march at Pride--I want to dance!"
And that's what I do every year--dance!  I dance with people young and old, black and white, Latino and Asian, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and straight. And this year I’m happy to dance in the parade once again with my friends from the Boston Alliance of Gay Lesbian Bisexual & Transgender Youth (BAGLY), a terrific group working to support and empower members of the Boston LGBTQ youth community.
Pride shows our country at its best: diverse, inclusive, united, and strong. We'll cheer the progress we’ve made toward building a more welcoming society for all, and we'll recommit to protecting the rights of all Americans, so that everyone in this country is treated with dignity and respect--so everyone gets a chance to dance!Elizabeth Warren: Gay Pride Month Love Letter (Exclusive) | Billboard:
Gay Pride Month 2017


 Elizabeth Warren: Gay Pride Month Love Letter (Exclusive) | Billboard: