Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day…

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day…

Image result for Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day…
I'm Larry Ferlazzo and here you will catch me talking about websites that will help you teach ELL, ESL and EFL!






May’s (2017) Best Tweets – Part Two
Every month I make a few short lists highlighting my choices of the best resources I through (and learned from) Twitter, but didn’t necessarily include them in posts here on my blog. I’ve already shared in earlier posts several new resources I found on Twitter — and where I gave credit to those from whom I learned about them. Those are not included again in post. If you don’t use Twitter, you can
The Best Science Sites Of 2017 – So Far
Time for another mid-year “Best” list. I’ll be adding this post to All Mid-Year 2017 “Best” Lists In One Place. You might also be interested in: The Best Science Sites Of 2016 – Part Two The Best Science Sites Of 2016 – So Far The Best Science Sites Of 2015 The Best Science Sites Of 2014 – Part Two The “All-Time” Best Science Sites The Best Science Sites Of 2014 – So Far The Best Science Sites Of

YESTERDAY

The Best Fun Videos For English Language Learners In 2017 – So Far
I use short, funny video clips a lot when I’m teaching ELLs, and you can read in detail about how I use them in The Best Popular Movies/TV Shows For ESL/EFL (& How To Use Them) . In short, there are many ways to use them that promote speaking, listening, writing and reading (including having students describe – in writing and verbally – a chronological description of what they saw). I’ve also pub
The Best Resources On Class Instruction In 2017 – So Far
Here’s another mid-year “Best” list… I’m adding this list to All Mid-Year 2017 “Best” Lists In One Place . Three years ago I began publishing a regular Classroom Instruction Resources Of The Week post and have so far published: The Best Resources On Class Instruction – 2015 The Best Resources On Class Instruction In 2016 – So Far The Best Resources On Class Instruction In 2016 – Part Two Here are
‘The Toughest Part of Teaching is…’
‘The Toughest Part of Teaching is…’ is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. In it, Roxanna Elden, Robert Ward, Cindi Rigsbee, Megan Allen, Dr. Jenny Grant Rankin, Daniel Jerome, and Lois Weiner share how they respond to tough teaching moments. Here are some excerpts:
Video: “The evolution of American protest music”
I’m adding this new Vox video to The Best Sites For Learning About Protests In History :
I Talk About My Biggest Teaching Mistake In This Radio Interview
I talk about my biggest teaching mistake in this BAM! Radio Show hosted by Jon Harper. I’ve previously written about it in my Education Week Teacher column, Learning From Difficult Teaching Moments .
The Best Guest Posts Appearing On This Blog In 2017 – So Far
I’ve had several important and popular guest posts appear on this blog this year, and thought readers might find it useful if I brought links to them together in a “Best” list. I’m adding this list to All Mid-Year 2017 “Best” Lists In One Place . Here are they are: Guest Post: How One District Supports Personalized Learning by Dr. Lynell Powell What ELLs Taught Our School In A Week-Long Empathy P
This Week In Web 2.0
In yet another attempt to get at the enormous backlog I have of sites worth blogging about, I post a regular feature called “The Week In Web 2.0.” (you might also be interested in The Twenty-Five Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2017 – So Far ). I also sometimes include tech tools or articles about them that might not exactly fit the definition of Web 2.0: I’m not a big fan of Word Sear
SEL Weekly Update
I’ve recently begun this weekly post where I’ll be sharing resources I’m adding to The Best Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Resources or other related “Best” lists: The Wallace Foundation has come out with a big report on SEL programs in