Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 9, 2014

8-9-14 teacherken at Daily Kos

teacherken at Daily Kos:







Animals can love humans
Thought this was worth sharing. Peace
What is important and how it has changed
Due warning - this is personal.  And yet it is appropriate for me to offer here for several reasons. First and foremost we are a community whose members share many things besides our activism and commitment to electoral politics and social and moral issues. Second, I have been a highly visible member of this community for a number of years.  I am finding that how I participate is changing, and I f

AUG 04

Eugene Robinson: Time to tame the intelligence monster
That is the title of this op ed for Tuesday's Washington Post. Here's the opening paragraph:   The CIA now admits that it spied on a Senate investigation into the agency’s shameful program of secret detention and torture. Do we need any more proof that the spooks are out of control? Trust me, that is not even close to demonstrating the full power of this piece. Please keep reading.

AUG 03

My remarks to the National Society of High School Scholars
which I delivered yesterday in Lisner Auditorium at George Washington University. I was invited to speak on behalf of the Educators of Distinction, those educators who had been selected by the student members of the organization. This was the third time I have been asked to fulfill this role. I have lost track of how many times students have so selected me - I do remember one year two of my studen

AUG 01

photo essay on Wise health/dental fair
offered at Politico. I know, I have put up some photos in my diaries over the years. This photo essay perhaps can bring you closer to the reality of what far too many in this country still face, and perhaps help you understand why I am drawn to return to volunteer year after year. Peace.