Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

7-15-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:






Ten minute drawing. Laughable. Joyous.





Don’t use Staples.
As a state-wide elected delegate to the NEA RA I get reimbursed for most of my expenses. I have to fill out forms and provide receipts as it is carefully monitored by the IRS. And who knows? Maybe the NSA too. Rather than make copies of the forms at home, I normally go to the neighborhood Staples. But not this time. I am boycotting Staples. And so should you. The United States Postal Service and
Hinsdale’s Skoda has a perverse notion of transparency.
Hinsdale board member is locked out of a press conference called by board president Richard Skoda. He calls it “transparency.” The Battle of Hinsdale High School District 68 continues. Teacher union-bashing board president Richard Skoda claims to be acting in the interest of transparency by locking out the community and other board members. A Hinsdale teacher writes me that, “The community respon


7-14-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: There’s a national assault on teacher pensions. I wonder if the AFT and the NEA heard?Michael “Macho Man” Mulgrew. Yesterday I began the afternoon watching the live streaming of the debate over Common Core. What could be more moving than hearing my friend Michelle Gunderson speaking about the damage C