Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 22, 2014

6-22-14 Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week

Jersey Jazzman:







Charter School Reality: Hoboken, NJ Edition
Let's return, once again, to the Northeast's home of charter school segregation denial: Hoboken, NJ.As I've stated before, the local charter school cheerleaders may try to deny the obvious, but the evidence is quite clear: the three charter schools in Hoboken do not serve nearly as many students in economic disadvantage as the public schools. It's pointless to argue otherwise because the evidence






6-21-14 Jersey Jazzman NJ Ed News Round-up Jammin' All Week
6-14-14 Jersey Jazzman NJ Ed News Round-up Jammin' All WeekJersey Jazzman:Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All WeekUPDATED: Charter School Reality: TN EditionUPDATE BELOWOK, look...I am not "anti-charter school." I started my career in a charter. I think there is a good case to be made for some -- some -- level of charter proliferation in many communities. I certainly don't think I ought to be tel