Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

6-10-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:






A Zillion New World Cup Resources
Here are new additions to The Best Sites For Learning About The 2014 World Cup In Brazil: Here’s a great interactive from The NY Times on some star players. Brazil Prepares for the World Cup is a photo gallery from The Atlantic. The Best Players at the World Cup, in GIFs is from The Atlantic. Football to Football Translator is a fun Chrome extension. The pick of the World Cup songs is from The BBC
My New BAM! Radio Show Is On “How Is Globalization Changing How and What You Teach?”
How Is Globalization Changing How and What You Teach? is the topic of my latest ten minute BAM! Radio Show. I’m joined by John Spencer and Diana Laufenberg. They are both contributors to an upcoming Ed Week column on the topic. This is my last show until late August but, in the meantime, you’ll have plenty of time to catch-up on the twenty-one episodes I’ve recorded so far…


California Court Rules It’s All The Teachers’ Fault
In an awful ruling for teachers, students and their families, a California court “struck down teacher tenure and seniority protections embedded in California law.” You can read a lot more about it at: The Best Resources On California Court Case Attacking Teacher’s Rights You might also be interested in I Am Tired Of “School Reformers” Using The Civil Rights Movement Legacy To Support Their Agenda

I Explain The Picture Word Inductive Model In My Latest British Council Post
I’ve often written about the Picture Word Inductive Model, my favorite teaching strategy for Beginning English Language Learners. I’ve just published a post at The British Council with a more detailed explanation on how to use it in the classroom. You might be interested in all my previous posts there, which you can find here. I’m going to add this particular post to The Best Ways To Use Photos In




6-9-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: My Latest NY Times Post For English Language Learners Is On PetsMy latest NY Times post for English Language Learners features a student interactive on pets. It also shares teaching ideas for writing, drawing and creating videos about family pets. You can see all forty-two of my previous NY Times posts here.by Larry Ferlazz