Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 16, 2012

This Moment of Clarity [On Sandy Hook and Telling Adults To Shut Up Already] | The Jose Vilson

This Moment of Clarity [On Sandy Hook and Telling Adults To Shut Up Already] | The Jose Vilson:


This Moment of Clarity [On Sandy Hook and Telling Adults To Shut Up Already]

by JOSE on DECEMBER 16, 2012
This post was supposed to be about me.
The myriad of questions I’ve faced, the situations I’ve encountered, the tribulations of a Black-Latino NYC educator looking for reasons why our system continues to work against the interests of children, and the constant shaking of my head, not to the beat of whatever my iPod’s playing, but of the things I would deem adult problems.
My mood has been less Swedish House Mafia and more Marvin Gaye. “Inner City Blues,” not “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.”
Raw disappointment consumed me. I preferred clouds and rain this past week. I tried to shake the funk. Honestly. No dice. My writing since Wednesday? Unfruitful. With children, I tried to be my usual Vilson, but