Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lincoln the Leader | Connected Principals

Lincoln the Leader | Connected Principals:


Lincoln the Leader

Taken a few years ago on a family trip to D.C.

I have been fascinated by Lincoln since middle school when I became interested in his last days and specifically the controversy surrounding his assassination. (Did you know there’s revisionist historians who believe that his Secretary of War Edwin Stanton was behind his death?)
Tonight I went to the movies with my three kids and my wife to see Lincoln. Clearly, this movie was a work of art from the use of lighting (not much), to the attention to detail (yes, Robert Lincoln was truly with Gen. Grant at Appomattox Court House when Lee surrendered to him), and of course, to the Academy Award potentially-winning performance of Daniel Day-Lewis.
But my interest was viewing Lincoln the Leader. Here are some examples from the movie:
Heading True North 
I’m not sure who wrote the lines, screenwriter Tony Kushner or Lincoln himself, but there is a telling scene with