Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 13, 2012

Parent Trigger And Why We Need To Talk [Let's Be A Solution] | The Jose Vilson

Parent Trigger And Why We Need To Talk [Let's Be A Solution] | The Jose Vilson:


Parent Trigger And Why We Need To Talk [Let's Be A Solution]

I rarely get the opportunity to have my opinion come in direct conflict with an outstanding actress of any repute, so excuse me if I brag via quote today. The following excerpt was published in the independent media outlet In These Times, written by Josh Eidelson:
Vilson says he was particularly disappointed by Viola Davis’ participation, given The Help star’s past comments about wanting to elevate the voices of often-ignored domestic workers.
“You should also see the alignment between that and what’s going on with teachers,” says Vilson, “and the bad tone that’s being sent throughout the country.”
“I’m sorry,” Davis told the New York Times, “I just know if you don’t have a strong advocate for a child, they’re not going to make it.”
The New York Times reported that the trigger law portrayed in Won’t Back Down differs from its