Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, June 25, 2012

Celery sticks. « Fred Klonsky

Celery sticks. « Fred Klonsky:


Celery sticks.

Regular readers of this blog know that I didn’t exactly hold my last principal in the highest of regard.
The fact is that she was a mean-spirited, foolish bully.
I admit that I was on the committee that interviewed her on behalf of the teachers. I admit I recommended her. Go figure. Never trust an interview.
There was the day she came in and announced that there was a new district policy that banned sweets from our school.
We already had a district no-peanut, no hard candy and no home-made baked goods policy.
But understand. Although we had an in-school lunch program, there was no cafeteria. Kids brown-bagged it. No pop machine. No candy machine. We imported pizza one day a week which was sold for a buck and half a slice.