Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kimble's Corner: Congressman Kimble's Speech at Saint Nicholas Owen College

Kimble's Corner: Congressman Kimble's Speech at Saint Nicholas Owen College:

Congressman Kimble's Speech at Saint Nicholas Owen College

Thanks for inviting me to speak to your organization. I wish we had had a abstinence club at Notre Dame back when I was in college, but I guess we never really needed it. I graduated in 1985 and in the 1980s, nobody in college was having sex. A lot of people would tell stories, but I knew they were making it up. I'm hear to talk about birth control, which is something I've unfortunately learned a lot about even though my wife is barren due to an unfortunate childhood accident with a combine. I still love her very much and we adopted a beautiful girl this year, which is almost as good as having a child of your own.

We face a crisis in this country. Every year thousands of children are born before they are even conceived