Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Early morning Fox. « Fred Klonsky

Early morning Fox. « Fred Klonsky:


Early morning Fox.


WGN’s early morning sport reporter, Pat Tomasulo.
I’m getting ready to fly off to Brooklyn this morning to see my daughters, their partners, my grand kids and the rest of my New York family.
I never watch Fox. But I had heard that Kyle Olson was on something called Fox and Friends at 5:50 AM.
I usually turn on WGN, a local station for weather, sports and traffic as I get dressed. On this morning, I switched over to Fox.
Olson was telling this story of a Wisconsin custodian who allegedly got fired for having a Scott Walker bumper sticker on her car.
Can I say the story sounded fishy? But fishier still was Olson and the host going on about how this shows how the unions are all about “their way or the highway.”
One (and only one) problem with this story was that the WEAC, the teachers union in Wisconsin, never was a


The in box. Rockford out.


Fred,
RPS205 in Illinois is on strike as of this morning. Our BOE broke off negotiation last night around 10:00 pm even though progress was being made. So, today I’m off to the picket line. Parents are angry at teachers for the inconvenience, and the Tea Party (against teachers) and Occupy Rockford (for teachers) will be joining the fray. And to complete the party, we have almost all of the district administration making 6 figure salaries with an interim superintendent making 225,000, but