Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Be Like Me: Just Write Five Different Blog Starters and Don’t Hit Publish | The Jose Vilson

Be Like Me: Just Write Five Different Blog Starters and Don’t Hit Publish | The Jose Vilson:


Be Like Me: Just Write Five Different Blog Starters and Don’t Hit Publish

Sometime after Monday, I thought I’d have the hang of this blogging thing again. I was fairly confident that I could crank out some really good topics for my blog, and possibly a few tweets related to these extensive pieces. I would carve out my usual 8pm to 10pm schedule for my blogging process and come up with something both insightful and gripping. The headlines kept coming up all week, some of them too good to pass up.
And I did. These otherwise easy layups didn’t even come out of my hands since Monday, ending up running out of bounds for the week. Turnover city. And all those other good metaphors.
On Tuesday, I wanted to write about the fact that Black students are three times more likely than White students to get suspended in school, Arne Duncan’s reaction, and my own experiences about it (Colleague Liz