Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 18, 2011

All Education Matters: Big News!!! Owner of [Redacted] Makes Apology and Visits Occupy Ft Worth

All Education Matters: Big News!!! Owner of [Redacted] Makes Apology and Visits Occupy Ft Worth:

Big News!!! Owner of [Redacted] Makes Apology and Visits Occupy Ft Worth

[Updated] Because the owner apologized and asked nicely, I am removing the name of the business from the story.

Many of you know that I was unable to purchase a bottle of water from a small business in Ft Worth, Texas today - [redacted]. An angry reader and fellow activist, Amy Diede, called the business and spoke with the owner after she read my story. That is when he said that those in the movement were just a bunch of bums. Diede was so upset by the call that she hung up on him and told him, "you're gonna go out of business. I am in California, and I already know what happened there in Texas!"

Well, the business owner took it upon himself to go out and meet the occupiers in Ft. Worth. After he did this,



Updated: [Redacted] in Ft Worth Texas and Refusal of Service

I went to my fifth Occupy this afternoon. Last week I met with various organizers at Occupy DC as well asOccupy Wall Street. Talk about being fired up and ready to go! As y'all know, I am now calling for an all inclusive Debtors Strike, and emphasizing that we don't need to asked for any goddamned loan forgiveness. In any event, last week  I was able to witness first-hand a flourishing democratic society at Zuccotti Park before it was destroyed early this week by the oligarchic police state in which we now live (and hello DHS! I like how you keep tabs on my site - love seeing you here).

Today, I went to an Occupy that's in my back yard: Occupy Fort Worth.

Before I hit the small encampment, I was thirsty and decided to pop into a small store called the [redacted] in Ft. Worth. This business is a block away from where the protesters are camped out.