Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

NYC Educator: No, It's NOT Time To Fully Open School Buildings

NYC Educator: No, It's NOT Time To Fully Open School Buildings
No, It's NOT Time To Fully Open School Buildings



I'm fairly gobsmacked to see an op-ed from a teacher suggesting otherwise in the NY Post, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. There are some things in this piece, however, that are quite correct. Zoom just is not what we do. I've been personally discouraged, more than I can say, by doing a job other than the one for which I signed up.

I teach on Zoom, and like many of my colleagues, I've been doing so for months. I'm as discouraged by it as the writer of this piece. I know why I love being a teacher, and it has little to do with anything I've been doing since last March. Were this the job, I'd never have lasted. There are great rewards to this job, and  CONTINUE READING: NYC Educator: No, It's NOT Time To Fully Open School Buildings