Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Education Matters: Poor leadership is destroying the district.

Education Matters: Poor leadership is destroying the district.
Poor leadership is destroying the district


 I want to acknowledge that being a superintendent is undoubtedly a hard job, and the powers that be in Florida often work to undermine public education. That being said, I can’t imagine a superintendent doing worse than Greene. Her leadership is just plain bad, and don’t take my word for it, take the Times Unions. 

The indifference to the pandemic. 

Adding to people’s plates. 

Forcing staff into the buildings and encouraging more students to do so. 

The indifference to the plight of veteran teachers and staff 

Then as hundreds of millions go to the pockets of charter owners, I don’t believe the referendum will be the panacea it was sold as. 

The terrible contact tracing. 

Giving in to the state over and over again.  

I could go, but instead, I will let the Times Union do so for me. 

From the Times Union, my comments in bold. 

 "We have to show that with students who have poor attendance or are failing, we've done everything we can to bring them back to brick-and-mortar," Greene said at a School Board meeting. "We sent notice saying if that was the case, we would call them back to brick-and-mortar. Once that happens and those families don't CONTINUE READING: Education Matters: Poor leadership is destroying the district.