Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 8, 2021

2021 Medley #1: Bye, Bye Betsy and other stories | Live Long and Prosper

2021 Medley #1: Bye, Bye Betsy and other stories | Live Long and Prosper





BYE, BYE BETSY

Betsy DeVos Resigns

I was ready to publish the rest of the articles in this post on Wednesday, but I got sidetracked by the horrible events in Washington D.C. Since then I have paused, while I figured out what I wanted to say. Then, last night, Betsy DeVos resigned…

I am against nearly everything DeVos has done during her term as Secretary. She has pushed her agenda of privatization and has rejected pleas to support students overwhelmed by debt. She has ignored racist education policies and neglected the students who need the most help. She hates public education and public educators. I doubt that she cares much for public school students, either. She was never qualified for her job. She never attended a public school. She never worked in a public school. She never sent her children to a public school. She’s an elitist billionaire who cares only about what she can control with her money.

I’m sure she will now return to private life and continue to wreak havoc on public education by buying legislators and using her billions to support private, religious education.

There are a lot of articles discussing DeVos’s resignation — the nation’s worst Secretary of Education appointed by the worst President. Mitchell Robinson CONTINUE READING: 2021 Medley #1: Bye, Bye Betsy and other stories | Live Long and Prosper