Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 26, 2020

I Deserve All the Credit For My Students' Success - Teacher Habits

I Deserve All the Credit For My Students' Success - Teacher Habits

I Deserve All the Credit For My Students’ Success




Last week my third graders took the chapter 6 math test on division. We use the Go Math! program and the tests aren’t easy. This wasn’t your father’s division test. There were multistep problems, word problems, intentionally misleading questions, and it was taken digitally, so I couldn’t give partial credit to the kid who showed understanding in his work but made one small mistake that led to the wrong answer.
My students killed the thing, by which I mean, killed the thing. My teaching led directly to the following results: one 76%, one 85%, one 88%, and the other 23 students scored 90% or above, with five students acing the test.
Let’s all take a moment to celebrate my accomplishment.
I will now accept your kudos. Feel free to email me or leave a comment on Facebook or even drop a line at the end of this article. You will no doubt want to express your gratitude to me for so effectively molding the future of this nation. My students’ parents are probably already struggling with how they will repay me for placing their children on the path to career success and personal fulfillment. The students themselves may never appreciate the impact I made on their lives. They will foolishly credit themselves, or their parents, or even the CONTINUE READING: I Deserve All the Credit For My Students' Success - Teacher Habits