Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Data driving me crazy. | Fred Klonsky

Data driving me crazy. | Fred Klonsky:

Data driving me crazy.

Image result for Data crazy






As an artist and retired art teacher I believe that classrooms, like all the built environment, should reflect good design principles.
But what are those?
A tweet by Michael Antonucci intrigued me.
Some of you may know Antonucci as a guy obsessed by teacher unions and a writer on the same topic. As you might guess, he is critical of the NEA. Not like I’m critical. I believe in the value of teacher unions. He thinks they are an assault on individual liberty. We have met a few times at NEA national meetings, which he covers for his web site and other outlets. I enjoyed our conversations even though we rarely agreed on the main stuff.
Antonucci rarely gets into teaching practice which is why I was intrigued by the tweet.
I went to the source.
Two researchers at Carnegie Mellon did a funded research study comparing test success in a sparsely decorated classroom as compared to highly decorated classroom.
Students did better in a sparsely decorated classroom.


You can see the picture of the sparsely decorated classroom in the video. It Data driving me crazy. | Fred Klonsky: