Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

7-8-14 Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week

Jersey Jazzman:









Thomas Piketty Has Eric Hanushek's Number
I'm just starting Thomas Piketty's Capital in the 21st Century, which puts me months behind the mass of American public intellectuals who were obsessing about the tome this spring, but will give me the advantage of being able to say I actually read the thing.Last night, I came across a quote that was so perfectly relevant to the current state of education policy research that I was prepared to typ






7-7-14 Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All Week
Jersey Jazzman: Earth to @starledger: There Are No Miracle Charter SchoolsWhat do you do with someone who, when presented with the truth time and time again, refuses to see it? What so you do when a person of influence -- for example, the Star-Ledger's Editorial Page Editor, Tom Moran -- repeatedly, stubbornly, infuriatingly continues to perpetuate myths that are demonstrably untrue?Newark, for al