I wrote this, and posted it here, in June of 2012.  As I now ponder how I will continue to be involved - if at all - in the political processes, including my participation here, it seems appropriate to offer it again.  And as I say at the end, do with it what you will
I have been active in politics since i was an adolescent, a period now of more than 5 decades.
I have often been willing to support politicians with whom I had some strong disagreements on the issues, perhaps because I believed they were as good as we were likely to get.
As I get older, the world seems to go by far more quickly.  And while I do not have biological children, I think of the future in terms of the several thousands who passed through my care before i retired from teaching at the end of this school year.
Because I think of them, because I am concerned about the world and nation we will be leaving them, I have come to find myself at the point where I am far less inclined to support in any fashion those unwilling to think honestly about the rights and needs of all of our people.
So below the fold, I will offer what is for now a tentative list of items that are not negotiable for me.  
At a minimum it means I will not offer financial support.  It may well mean that I cannot bring myself to write/advocate on behalf of someone's candidacy, and/or cast a vote for that person.
This is still a work in progress, which I admit.
But there are times where we must make clear our values, and be prepared to take a stand on their behalf.
Full rights for all on an inclusive basis it the underlying principle for all of the following items