Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 2, 2013

UPDATE: They might vote in the House today. | Fred Klonsky

They might vote in the House today. | Fred Klonsky:



Ten minute drawing. John Kerry.

Kerry

Click on drawing to enlarge.


May Day in Chicago.

472924_10151622497228454_323576889_o

Photo: Sarah Jane Rhee/loveandstrugglephotos.com.


They might vote in the House today.

Squeezy
Before I say anything else, call your state rep and tell them to vote no on Madigan’s pension bomb today. You don’t even need to know the bill’s number. The General Assembly changes pension bill numbers more often than they change underwear.
They will know what you mean.
Except my rep, Toni Berrios. Her offices in Springfield and Chicago don’t answer their phones.
Now on with my brilliant analysis.
My friends, John Dillon, Glen Brown and I have a bet on the outcome of all this pension shmontses. John and I are betting our monthly Social Security check that nothing comes out of it.
By the way, even though I paid into Social Security for 25 years before I began teaching, my Social Security