Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 3, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Contact Senate Ed Committee Members Today

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Contact Senate Ed Committee Members Today:

Contact Senate Ed Committee Members Today

Today is the last day to bring bills out of committee and there still has not been movement on the charter bill in the Senate. I urge you to express your opinion as soon as possible. Below are the members of the Senate committee. Chairman Rosemary McAuliffe needs as much support as possible. One of the sponors of the bill, Rodney Tom, is on this committee.

I have heard rumblings that if Senator Tom does not get this out of the committee, he will use some other maneuver to get it out to the Senate later on.

I had a conversation with Senator Tom on this bill (and I appreciate him taking the time to talk with me). My suspicions on who wrote this bill were confirmed; he said it was written with a "broad coalition." When I