Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dear Seniors: Please, Just Go | Mr. Teachbad's Blog of Teacher Disgruntlement

Dear Seniors: Please, Just Go | Mr. Teachbad's Blog of Teacher Disgruntlement

Dear Seniors: Please, Just Go

Holy shit…you guys are the cat’s meow…let me tell you. You seniors…

But you don’t need me to tell you. Am I right? You already know just exactly how goddamn fucking awesome you are. And some of you really are. But others, not so much.

You come in late, or nor at all. You complain about how stressful your life is. You sleep in class…because you are sooo stressed.

What’s with you guys? I know you are stressed. The stress is maybe a little like alcohol. They say it enhances your personality. But what if you are a lazy douche bag? Then what?

I think the alcohol comparison is pretty good. This is the end of the road for everybody. I just got a text message from a senior I had taught in American Government who was all mad that I didn’t explain to her that Animal Farmwas really about the Russian Revoluion and Stalin’s rise to power. That’s above and beyond the call for somebody who’s really got it quite made and is about to get out of high school very soon unless she ran screaming up the steps of the capitol with a metal box tapped to her head.

The great, swollen middle is the people who mostly don’t give a shit, but will climb out of their holes every so