Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 31, 2010

School Tech Connect: Hey, Nevada!

School Tech Connect: Hey, Nevada!

Hey, Nevada!

I got nuthin'!

Seriously, my Kindle has transformed my life; I'm know knee-deep in Will Cather, Ford Maddox Ford, Richard Price, The NYT Book Review, The Nation, and The Atlantic Monthly. The adjustable font size makes it possible to read while you're walking your dog along the lake. Does life get any better? It's hard to blog when there's so much good stuff to read.

Since nothing's going to happen until this election is over, I'm going to use this moment to ask a question of the good people of Nevada, and the question is this: what the hell is wrong with you people? Of all of the bizarre elections this cycle, Sharron Angle's popularity in Nevada is to me the most breathtaking. When I think of Nevada, well, actually nothing comes to mind. Liberace? Paul Laxalt? Dawn Wells?

What I do know is this--- there are fewer people in the entire state of Nevada than in the city where I live, and