Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 24, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

  Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007
 
 

Big Education Ape: THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/09/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_19.html


My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On Supporting Muslim & Arab Students
My latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show is on how we can best support Arab and Muslim students. I’m joined in the discussion by Dr. Sawsan Jaber, Dr. Nina Shoman-Dajani, and Abeer Shinnawi, who have also all contributed written commentaries to my Ed Week column. In fact, Dr. Jaber has guest-edited the series, which begins next week. I’m adding it to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions
Video: “The Largest Star in the Universe – Size Comparison”
FelixMittermeier / Pixabay I’m adding this new video to The Best Web Tools That Show You Objects To Scale :
Video: “What Your Life Looks Like in Numbers”
geralt / Pixabay I’m adding this new video from Bright Side to The Best Visualizations Of How People Spend Their Days :
Zoom Adds The Ability Of Participants To Self-Select Their Breakout Rooms, But There Is A Catch
febrianes86 / Pixabay I’ve been writing about the upcoming Zoom feature to let participants select their own breakout rooms for awhile (see ZOOM ADDS FEATURES FOR EDUCATORS and ON SEPT. 21ST, ZOOM IMPLEMENTS A FEATURE TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN BREAKOUT ROOMS ). They finally did it and, with some help from folks on Twitter, I’ve been able to figure it out. First, and most disappointedly,
My Favorite Posts That Appeared In September
I regularly highlight my picks for the most useful posts for each month — not including “The Best…” lists. I also use some of them in a more extensive monthly newsletter I send-out. You can see older Best Posts of the Month at Websites Of The Month (more recent lists can be found here ). You can also see my all-time favorites here . I’ve also been doing “A Look Back” series reviewing old favorite
Everything You Wanted To Know About Collaborative Learning But Were Afraid To Ask
Alexas_Fotos / Pixabay I have over 2,100 frequently revised and updated “Best” lists on just about every subject imaginable, and you can find them listed three different ways in three different places (see Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists ). I’m starting to publish a series where each day I will highlight the “Best” lists in a separate category. Today, it’s on Collaborat
Lessons From Four Weeks Of Teaching Fulltime Distance Learning
johnhain / Pixabay I taught daily live online classes to English Language Learners (and less frequently to my IB Theory of Knowledge students), and had high attendance and student engagement. I learned a lot then and, with my co-author Katie Hull, wrote a first draft of a chapter on distance learning for ELLs that will appear in our next book. It was released for free by the publisher over the su
Wednesday’s Must Read Articles & Must-Watch Videos On School Reopening
ds_30 / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : What We Know About Coronavirus Cases in K-12 Schools So Far is from The NY Times. New 

  Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007