Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 3, 2020

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: This Remote Teaching/Learning Thing!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: This Remote Teaching/Learning Thing!

This Remote Teaching/Learning Thing!



Just a hodgepodge of thoughts/opinions here!
Thank goodness I have always been a fan of integrating tech in my classroom, that has made this remote teaching/learning situation a WHOLE lot less stressful for me! Whew!

However, I feel for teachers who were not prepared for this, and find it very difficult to navigate this terrain. Especially when it just happened out of nowhere, there was no time to prepare, the expectations are crazy(in some places), and companies are coming at you.Buy/Use my Distance/Remote/Virtual Learning tool! Take my Distance/Remote/Virtual webinar!

If you are an educator showing what you are doing during this time in order to help others, thank you. If you are "showing off?" STOP. You are making other teachers feel "less than."  Have you seen the "Not Every Teacher" image?

Why would someone think it was a good idea to have teachers create a classroom setting virtually? I mean the "sit in front of the kids for hours" type of setting?

Why would teachers give kids SO much work? Especially middle school and high school? Is CONTINUE READING: 
DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: This Remote Teaching/Learning Thing!