Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

“Purple Lit Book”: A Poem | deutsch29

“Purple Lit Book”: A Poem | deutsch29

“Purple Lit Book”: A Poem


In a recent creative writing assignment connected to our study of the Romantic period in British literature, I asked my senior English students to compose a poem about an item, object, experience, or person associated with the everyday.
Below is one student’s response, which I offer to my readers for their enjoyment.
Without further ado, and with student permission, I give you “Purple Lit Book,” by Nikolas.

Purple Lit Book


Oh when I turn the page
how the words change and
they inform me of different people daily.
From Sam Pepys and William Blake
to how King George is CONTINUE READING: “Purple Lit Book”: A Poem | deutsch29