Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Will @HillaryClinton go all in with us or Wall Street? | Cloaking Inequity

Will @HillaryClinton go all in with us or Wall Street? | Cloaking Inequity:

Will @HillaryClinton go all in with us or Wall Street?



 Are you mad at Secretary Clinton about the “school closure” comments? I get it. You don’t want to be Barack Obama’d on education. We were promised hope and change and thought that would extend to education. Instead Arne Duncan took the reigns from George W. Bush, Rod Paige, and Margaret Spellings then did even worse.

I have now watched the video of the Secretary Clinton’s recent Iowa speech where she mentions the closing of below average schools. I honestly don’t think that she was making a policy statement to close half of US schools (that would be every school below some average). If you listen to her comments in the context of everything else, it seems she just misspoke. I know I know. Secretary Clinton doesn’t have a perfect record on progressive education… BUT an Atlantic article recently opined that perhaps Secretary Clinton will run left of Obama because he was this generation’s Reagan. I know I know, you might not like this proposition either. I am still hopeful.
Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 8.19.28 PMAnyways, if you read the rest of the comments from Secretary Clinton, I liked them. I am actually surprised and glad that she spoke out on education. The problem for us that we are asking candidates to broach education policy in their Will @HillaryClinton go all in with us or Wall Street? | Cloaking Inequity: