Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Most Repugnant Story of Teacher Abuse and Termination southbronxschool.com

http://www.southbronxschool.com:



A Most Repugnant Story of Teacher Abuse and Termination

What I am about to share here I suggest that you read on an empty stomach. It is one of the most  revolting, repugnant, teacher abuse stories I have heard of in the 5 1/2 years I have been blogging. This story comes to SBSB courtesy ofFrancesco Portelos' new website; Don't Tread on Educators.

So many of us believed with the fall of the Bloomberg Empire that a new day had dawned within the confines of the NYCDOE. That the lawyers would be properly neutered so they would not reproduce, that out of control principals will finally be held accountable, that "GOTCHA!" will cease, that administrators will have their positions due to merit and not who they know. We looked towards Mayor de Blasio and Chancellor Farina to lead us into a new day where children actually were the priority and where leaders will actually lead.

I still want to believe, I still want to hope that there is good coming to all who are involved in educating the children of New York City. But the more I see what is about to be posted and the more I hear from elsewhere I can't keep from thinking of the The Who's 1971 song, "Won't Get Fooled Again;"
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
This is a letter from a discontinued guidance counselor to the superintendent of District 19, Joyce Stallings-Harte in Brooklyn. The school is Van Siclen Community Middle School, and the principal isAdonna McFarland of the Leadership Academy (DUH! What a shock!).

Carmen’s DOE Takes Another Young Career

March 28, 2014

New York City Department of Education
Superintendent Joyce Stallings-Harte
557 Pennsylvania Avenue – Room 201
Brooklyn, NY 11207

Superintendent Stallings-Harte,

I would like to take this opportunity to address the 2013-2014 year end rating I received on Monday, March 24th, 2014.

I can still recall my uncontainable excitement after I accepted the offer to serve as school counselor http://www.southbronxschool.com: