Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 24, 2014

2-24-14 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:








Weingarten’s AFL-CIO Power
As I was researching and writing my post, The Gates Grant Addiction, a post in which I use the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) as an illustration of an addiction to Gates money garnered via installments, two pieces of information stood out to me like the final clicking of tumblers in unlocking a revelation. The first […]


Knowledge: Not If, but How (and Who Decides)
Knowledge: Not If, but How (and Who Decides). via Knowledge: Not If, but How (and Who Decides).

YESTERDAY

untitled
While writing my post on the NEA-Teach Plus “partnership,” my attention was drawn to more of the information available regarding grant payment on the Gates grants search engine. My curiosity concerned the simple word, “term.” Gradual Grant Disbursement (?) On the Gates grants site, “term” definitely means the number of months expected to fulfill the grant agreement. The […]
2-23-14 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: Fiction changed to informational text, #commoncoreThis looks about right.7 by Shaun Johnson / 25min A lot of discussion about these “data walls” latelyThe concept of the “data wall” has been gathering some attention lately, more so than normal. They’ve been with us, I don’t know, for a few years now.  To be honest, I don’t have much experience with them. I certainly don’t have on