Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 18, 2012

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: A Teacher Accused!:When He Said/She Said Turns Ugly!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: A Teacher Accused!:When He Said/She Said Turns Ugly!:


A Teacher Accused!:When He Said/She Said Turns Ugly!


I learned about it by accident. I approached my principal about another child and she asked me not to get upset. I wondered why a simple response to a question about a situation with a student, could possibly upset me. And that's when she told me what a student had accused me of. I really think I was in shock, because I nodded, said, "What?", listened to what she was saying, and returned to the workshop I was attending.

As the day went on, what she said began to sink in. By the time I got home, and shared what was said with my husband, I was furious! How could this not be taken seriously? How could she not let me know? Why would this child say this? I immediately emailed my principal and told her that this would have to be handled.

That Monday, I was told that my computer would be confiscated, and scanned by the district and the police. You can't hide anything on computers. I told them to take it, clear my name. Do anything they had to do to prove that