Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Anniversary of this Blog | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

Anniversary of this Blog | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

Anniversary of this Blog



Dear Readers,
This post marks my 11th anniversary as a blogger. I want to thank those readers who regularly read my twice-weekly posts, those who have dipped into them occasionally, those who have subscribed to the post, and finally those who have taken the time to write thoughtful comments. Also to the growing number of international readers, I am grateful for your attention to one American’s viewpoint on school reform and classroom practice.
As with all things, there is a history to writing this blog. My daughter Janice who is a writer in marketing communication urged me to begin a blog in 2009. She guided me through the fits-and-starts of working on this platform. After 11 years, I thank her for getting me started on this writing adventure.
For the nearly 1400 posts I have written since 2009, I have followed three rules:
1. Write about 800 words.
2. Write clearly on school reform and classroom practice.
3. Take a position and back it up with evidence.
For anyone who blogs or writes often, I want to say that sticking to these rules has been no easy task. Yet after eleven years, it has been very satisfying. I remain CONTINUE READING: Anniversary of this Blog | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice