Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 11, 2014

2013: My Year In Numbers | Ideas and Thoughts

2013: My Year In Numbers | Ideas and Thoughts:

2013: My Year In Numbers

JAN11
I like data. There I said it. But the caveat is I like data that I choose and create, not necessarily data that someone thinks is important or useful. That may just be a topic I’ll explore in a future post. This post is more about fun and playing with data.
Last year I created this video for 2012 and decided maybe I’d replicate it for 2013. My plan was to simply work off the keynote I created and swap out numbers and a few images. Should be easy. For whatever reason, I could not find the original keynote file. Thus I started from scratch but essentially recreated the same video. The process is to create a keynote presentation with all the builds and animations, export it out to imovie, add your music and voila. While it was more work than I wanted, probably about 6 hours total, I do like the possibilities of keynote for other things like kinetic typography. I know the pros will use After Effects which does the best job, but keynote and powerpoint can probably get pretty close.
At any rate, here’s my year in numbers.

Related Posts

  • January 9, 2013 -- 2012: One Minute a Month
    This is year will begin my 6th year of taking a photo/video a day. Every year I've tried to find a theme that carries me through.  2008: No theme, just take a photo a day.  2009: On...
  • January 5, 2014 -- 2013 The Year in Photos
    It's that time again. Time for me to gather all the photos of the day I took and compile them in a video for you to watch. Actually, I have no expectation that you would watch but I do enjoy puttin...
  • January 1, 2012 -- 1461 and counting
    It's been nearly 1,500 days in a row that I've been taking a photo a day. I don't think I've missed more than an handful of days over that time. I continue to learn and find it now ...