Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 26, 2013

12-26-13 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:




Some Governors and Common Core: “Hot Friends Cooling”
Hoping to advance your own political career? Better be quiet about Common Core. Amazing how a number of formerly outspoken, pro-CCSS governors have strategically opted for silence (or some other form of distance) regarding the now-highly-charged CCSS. New York: Andrew Cuomo It seems, for example, that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has become somewhat of […]

A story of revolution….
The King and his policymakers gather in a large building making laws for the people in lands far from the towers of the capital.  The leaders imposed a biased system of judgement that took away the opportunities for localities to make their own decisions. People proclaimed that citizens should be judged by their “peers” instead […]

VAM, Sham, Thank You Ma’am
Here’s a short, but hopefully sweet, three-minute speech on why I believe VAM is an unfair measure. ~ @angelcintronjr


The Fordham Strong Arm of Letter Grades for State Standards
In my previous post, The Importance of Common Core for Nationally-pervasive Ed Reform, I cite the 2009 Broad Foundation report in which a number of major reformer “participants” told America of the reforms it might expect to be in place in 2012– one of which is the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Among the list of “participants” […]



12-25-13 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: My Christmas PostOn most mornings, as part of my morning routine, I listen to T.D. Jakes of the Potter’s House in Dallas, Texas. As my Christmas present to my readers, I offer one of my favorite Jakes sermons. It is about love. I think it will surprise most listeners. Merry Christmas.by deutsch29 / 2h 12-24-13 @ The Chalk Face@ THE CHALK FACE: IMPACT scores in DCPS show errors. I