Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: My Letter to President Obama! October 17, 2012!:Write the President!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: My Letter to President Obama! October 17, 2012!:Write the President!:


My Letter to President Obama! October 17, 2012!:Write the President!

 “One thing I never want to see happen is schools that are just teaching the test because then you’re not learning about the world, you’re not learning about different cultures, you’re not learning about science, you’re not learning about math,” the president said. “All you’re learning about is how to fill out a little bubble on an exam and little tricks that you need to do in order to take a test and that’s not going to make education interesting.” 

Your words Mr.President, your words. I wrote your quote in a blog post in May 2011. Yet, nothing has changed. As a matter of fact, I believe it is worse!

Last year, my students took the standardized test four times, four times! The saddest part of all that testing? The fourth time did not count if they scored lower than they did the third time.  Imagine your children sitting down