Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dad at the Chalkboard: A Bitter Cup of Joe or Beware the Evils of Facebook!

Dad at the Chalkboard: A Bitter Cup of Joe or Beware the Evils of Facebook!

A Bitter Cup of Joe or Beware the Evils of Facebook!




I woke up this morning at my usual ungodly hour to my daily helping of Morning Joe on the television. I keep it on most mornings as I prepare myself to face the day. As I wiped the sleep crud form my eyes and attempted to arrange my thoughts in some sort of cohesive order, Joe Scarborough was talking about an editorial he wrote about the dark, civilization crushing side of Facebook for Politico.

You can find the rant, I mean editorial, here.

The thread of contention that intertwines Mr. Scarborough's piece is that Facebook is "cynically feeding the