Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Queens Teacher: HCZ Parent Speaks

Queens Teacher: HCZ Parent Speaks

HCZ Parent Speaks

Came across a comment yesterday of a person who sends their child to the highly publicized Harlem Children's Zone. Looks like not everyone is happy there.

I’d like to give my input on NYC schools. THEY suck…You have no options….Parents think getting their child into a charter school is the answer. Wrong…My son attends Promise Academy –Harlem Children’s Zone. I travel from the Bronx every morning to get him there. There are behavioral problems that seem to out weight the learning there. I am very involved in my child’s school work…That has never been an issue…My issues is the curriculum they are teaching 4th graders like they are in college….giving lectures and the kids are expected to take notes…. NO TEXTBOOKS. NO points of reference for the parents to assist there