Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day 2017 | deutsch29

Happy Independence Day 2017 | deutsch29:

Happy Independence Day 2017



I have been having a marvelous summer.
The very necessary home renovations that I postponed until the summer are almost completely finished. Only one more coat of paint needed on my new back door.
The three hours per week during which I am tutoring one nephew in English is running smoothly despite his work schedule, physical therapy, basketball practice, and numerous vacations. On some weeks, we meet at odd times to make it happen. But happening it is, and what’s more is that my nephew is eager for the tutoring as he sees the value in it.
It is always fine to teach someone who values the experience.
Also this summer, I have been enjoying reading numerous works of British literature in preparation for teaching English IV for the first time since I student taught it in 1991.
Too, I have been able to take some short trips. Just as the school year ended, I traveled to Georgia to attend the high school graduation of the daughter of a childhood friend. Last weekend, I traveled to Baton Rouge to hear bible teacher, Beth Moore, who is easily one of the top three funniest people I have ever encountered.  This week, I will head to Tennessee to visit a college roommate who can be a festival of Happy Independence Day 2017 | deutsch29: