Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 27, 2014

2-27-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:








Bill Drew. The Menominee Warrior Society.
- Bill Drew is a friend, long-time radical and activist. Responding to my post on Wounded Knee, he sends a long a chapter from his memoir, Fortunate Son. When a group of young Menominee Indians occupied the Alexian Brothers Monastery on land adjacent to their reservation, we traveled up there to give publicity and support.  Theirs was an action modeled on the occupation of Wounded Knee by the Sio



Wounded Knee.
  With my green 1968 Volkswagon Beetle attached to the tow bar of a recreational vehicle that we contracted to deliver, my brother, a friend Nancy and I left LA for Chicago. Nancy and Mike would return to LA. I would stay. March 3rd it will be 41 years. I was 24 years old and all that I owned I could back into three cardboard boxes. And as we loaded them in into the RV, the radio reported that ac
  

2-26-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: Karen Lewis. Standardized testing and the Eugenics movement.- Karen GJ Lewis is the President of the Chicago Teachers Union and National Board Certified Teacher. Many people who are convinced that standardized tests are reliable and valid indicators of student learning are not only sadly mistaken, but