Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

School Tech Connect: Jawanza Malone At City Hall

School Tech Connect: Jawanza Malone At City Hall:


Jawanza Malone At City Hall

"We are done having people make decisions for us that don't care about us."

Jawanza Malone from KOCO spoke this morning at City Hall in support of the elected, representative school board.
Popout
Toward the end there, he says this:
Everybody, everybody wants their children to grow and develop and be strong, right? Is there anyone who looks into their child's face, and says to that child, "I don't want you to be anything?" Is there any parent up here who believes that they can look their child in the eye and condemn 


Colleagues Not Too Happy With Joe Moore

At the CODE press conference in City Hall this morning, Aldermen John Arena and Robert Fioretti had a few things to say about Alderman Joe Moore's obsequious cave-in to Rahm on the elected school board resolution.
Popout
I know I've become One Topic Tim here, but let me just suggest that the earth has moved underneath the 49th Ward alderman, and he's not aware of it yet. We're assembling a small army of petition-gatherers in Rogers Park 

Things Are Starting To Move In Chicago

Busy morning tomorrow. The CTU rally outside the Appointed Board of Education starts at 9:00.
Simultaneously, Communities Organized For Democracy in Education is having a press conference at 9:30 over a City Hall. I'll be at that.

I'll post a more specific location inside City Hall when I find out.

Lots going on. 

Meanwhile, last night people were standing in line to sign our petition for an elected, representative school board.  I didn't even get to visit half my friends in the neighborhood yet, so I'll finish up tomorrow night. Of the people who answered the door, not a single one said no, except for a house-sitter. Did I mention we're in a precinct that soon will be moving over to Joe Moore's ward?