Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 11, 2011

NYC Educator: Fool Me Twice

NYC Educator: Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice

Jonah Edelman has apologized, in his fashion, to readers of Fred Klonsky's blog. .I'm one of them, and I thought it was elegant that Fred presented it without comment. Perhaps it's more accurate to call it prescient, since dozens of comments made it unnecessary for Klonsky to say a thing. Here's a little taste of Edelman's mea culpa:

It left children mostly out of the equation when helping children succeed is my mission in life...

This is very telling. Does anyone really forget their "mission in life," even for a moment? Do I forget that I need to stand up for the middle class, so my daughter can be part of it one day? Not for one moment.

It could cause viewers to wrongly conclude that I’m against unions...

Which, of course, he is not. He simply wants to extract every ounce of