Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 22, 2011

School Tech Connect: A Note To Kelly Cassidy

School Tech Connect: A Note To Kelly Cassidy

A Note To Kelly Cassidy

Dear Kelly,

Congratulations on being appointed to complete the term of Harry Osterman in Illinois' 14 Legislative District. You have said that you will run for election in March 2012. Let me suggest one thing: people will make assumptions about your competence based on little things, like their ability to contact you. Currently, I cannot find any contact information for you in all the usual places. I realize you have only been in office a week, but still, it's been a week, and you were appointed over a month ago. Are you on Twitter?

Last week I heard about a colleague who received a callback from Deb Mell from the floor of the House. I was green with envy.

I have bothered the office staff enough--- they are delightful, courteous, competent