Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 7, 2017

Jersey Jazzman: Chris Christie, The Beach, and Our Leaders' Massive School Funding Hypocrisy

Jersey Jazzman: Chris Christie, The Beach, and Our Leaders' Massive School Funding Hypocrisy:

Chris Christie, The Beach, and Our Leaders' Massive School Funding Hypocrisy
So you all know about this by now, and none of you are the least bit surprised.

You aren't surprised because, like me, you've been reading for years about Chris Christie's petty greedchildish indulgenceslack of commitment to his jobaversion to hard workabsence of self-restraint, and just general "who gives a s***?" attitude toward ethicsThis is what Chris Christie does, and it's why he's currently the least popular governor in the nation.

But this last incident was, to me, telling for another reason.

Let's review how Christie spun his beach excursion when he got caught straight out lying:
Christie addressed the issue in a phone call Monday morning to Fox-5 New York, explaining how every New Jersey governor is allowed to use two residences in the state: the Drumthwacket mansion in Princeton and the summer house. The governor said last week that he and his family planned to celebrate their son's birthday party at the latter this past weekend. 
"The governor is allowed to go to his residences, and I'm at my residences," Christie told the television station. "I'll tell you this: I said last Monday, a week ago today, that no matter what happens, we were coming here as a family this weekend. ... This is one of the places we live." [emphasis mine]
Ah, I see: he was with his family. So it's not an abuse of power at all, or a case of massive hypocrisy. Because it was his family.

Allow me to go back into the memory vault. June, 2011:



“Hey, Gail, you know what? First off, it’s none of your business. I don’t ask you where you send your kids to school, don’t bother me about where I send mine. Secondly, I pay $38,000 a year in property taxes for a public school system,
You aren't surprised because, like me, you've been reading for years about Chris Christie's petty greed, childish indulgences, lack of commitment to his job, aversion to hard work, absence of self-restraint, and just general "who gives a s***?" attitude toward ethics. This is what Chris Christie does, and it's why he's currently the least popular governorJersey Jazzman: Chris Christie, The Beach, and Our Leaders' Massive School Funding Hypocrisy: