Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Keeping retirement weird. My work is not my family. My boss is not my dad. | Fred Klonsky

Keeping retirement weird. My work is not my family. My boss is not my dad. | Fred Klonsky:

Keeping retirement weird. My work is not my family. My boss is not my dad

ap_noble_street_college_prep_nt_120221_wmain

Noble Charter Network CEO Michael Milkie.
“We’re disappointed that ChiACTS would resort to such tactics in an attempt to disrupt our Noble family,” said Noble Charter Network Superintendent Michael Milkie.
ChiACTS is Chicago Alliance of Charter Teachers and Staff. They are the charter union affiliated with the Chicago Teachers Union.
When the current union organizing drive at Noble succeeds, it will make the Noble local the largest charter local in the country.
I always laughed when I battled administration, the board and private sector bosses when they talked about us all being one big family.
That usually meant they wanted something.
Like when my kids would say I was the best dad in the whole world.
I knew to start reaching for my wallet.
Listen. I got a family.  And I love ’em and I don’t need another.
The bosses love to create euphemisms to hide the essential relationship betweenKeeping retirement weird. My work is not my family. My boss is not my dad. | Fred Klonsky: