Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Steve Bannon is a shameless racist. Haters won’t be posted on this site. | Fred Klonsky

Steve Bannon is a shameless racist. Haters won’t be posted on this site. | Fred Klonsky:

Steve Bannon is a shameless racist. Haters won’t be posted on this site.

steve-bannon

Trump advisor Steve Bannon.
In all the years that I have been blogging I have had pretty flexible rules on comments in the comment section.
I screen them, of course. I have never allowed explicitly racist, sexist or homophobic comments.
Yet this is not a Facebook site. I can’t stop anyone from sending me a comment. All I can do is screen them. I can’t unfriend a reader or block a racist from writing me.
I do have a following of trolls. Of course, they don’t include their email address.  They never use their real name. They use pseudonyms or their posts are unsigned.
Some suggest threats.
They have been working overtime since Trump’s election. They think this is a personal defeat for me instead of a potential catastrophe for the world.
This goes along with the increase in hate crimes since Trump’s election that even Voice of America has been  forced to report on.
In the past I would pull a few of the more stupid comments together  every couple of months in a column I called “We Get Letters.” Their comments would included some snarky response from me.
Many readers told me that they loved the snark.
Others thought I shouldn’t give the hate trolls even this much attention.
I have decided to go with those who think I shouldn’t give them any attention.
I won’t read them. I won’t ever post them. I know who they are, so I won’t even be selective and allow the more benign comments through.