Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 22, 2016

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: WEEKEND QUOTABLES:

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Albert Woodfox, released from Angola prison after 43 years in solitary confinement. 
Albert Woodfox

 “I can now direct all my efforts to ending the barbarous use of solitary confinement and will continue my work on that issue here in the free world.” -Guardian
Jamil Smith

Scalia’s passing underscores that waiting for bigots to die is a fool’s errand. It doesn’t excuse us from the work that needs to be done, both organizationally and politically, to further equality. -- MTV News
Donald Trump on his support for Iraq War. 

“I really don’t even know what I mean because that was a long time ago and who knows what was in my head.” -- NBC, Meet the Press
NEA Pres. Lily Eskelsen García

“We definitely hear something new coming out of [Interim Ed Sec. John King],” she said, adding that while his words “mean a lot to us,” teachers are interested in seeing how he backs up those words Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: WEEKEND QUOTABLES: