Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Retired Teachers: Collateral Damage – chemotherapy | Reclaim Reform

Retired Teachers: Collateral Damage – chemotherapy | Reclaim Reform:

Retired Teachers: Collateral Damage – chemotherapy



(From a dear friend and fellow retired teacher)
Dear Friends,
I just wanted you all to know how [IL Gov. Bruce] Rauner’s unconstitutional act of not providing a signed budget has affected me at my most vulnerable.   As you all know, my cancer returned this past summer and I am forced to undergo more chemotherapy which is an exhausting ordeal.  I was informed this week that my doctor could no longer treat me, despite my paying my premiums and Cigna approving 100% payment the State of Illinois could no longer make payments and has informed my doctor’s office that it would take over a year to process his invoices.  I will now have to drive 37 miles one way for treatment at Rush University which is still accepting my insurance.  With winter approaching and the exhaustion following the treatments, I will have to once again impose on friends or The American Cancer Society to get me to Chicago and back home again.
Something needs to be done about a governor holding the legislature and 
Retired Teachers: Collateral Damage – chemotherapy | Reclaim Reform: