Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Man in Red - Two Teachers and a Microphone featuring Erich Schneider - YouTube

Man in Red - Two Teachers and a Microphone featuring Erich Schneider - YouTube:



Man in Red - Two Teachers and a Microphone featuring Erich Schneider






"Man In Red" - A reimagining of "Man in Black" by Johnny Cash

Two Teachers and a Microphone featuring Super Substitute Teacher Erich Schneider

Well, you wonder why on Tuesdays I wear red,
Did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
And why does my appearance seem to have an angry tone.
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.

I wear the red for my brother beaten down,
Who teaches in the hungry side of town
In crammed and dirty classes, yes the funding is a shame
And when the test score's low, he's he one to blame.

I wear red for those who've fallen through the cracks
For the kids who never took a music class;
For those who felt abandoned, so small and so alone
Why, their school should be a second loving home!

I wear red for all the parents in the struggle
Job and school and family to juggle
No pension or due process, a barely living wage
When we stand together, we can bring a change.

I wear it for the people who believe
In organizing our communities
Each of us embracing responsibility
Our public schools belong to you and me.

So if on Tuesday, you're not wearing red
We'll wonder what is going through your head
Perhaps your shirt is dirty, or misplaced under your bed 
Perhaps we'll get a raise when we're all dead. 

Such a small decision, so it seems
The clothes we wear, what does it really mean?
The actions that we take, speak louder than our words
Let's stand up for the schools our kids deserve!

Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell John Deasy everything's OK,
But that would take a lobotomy, a mallet to the head
'Till we get a contract, I'm the man in red.